Looking for a growing industry to start your career? Do you have what it takes to combine technology with great customer service to be successful? Do you have great problem solving skills, know that the effort you put in will produce results – here is your chance!
Join the highly energetic team of one of the fastest growing companies in Chicago and in the logistics industry!
Optimal Freight, where we deliver the goods! We deliver them on time, intact, at competitive prices – all while responding to the curves logistics professionals face every day. At Optimal Freight, we match shippers’ freight with carriers’ trucks in a way that creates value for both. This is done by building relationships, and utilizing robust proprietary technology.
We currently seek results-driven, sales minded individuals to join our Team and help chart a course of growth and success.
What a day would look like:
- Having to find a truck in less than an hour with the potential of making a lot of money.
- Dealing with different challenges every day, whether it’s trying to close a new customer, figure out pricing for a bid or recovering a load we lost a carrier on.
- You have to be able to determine what issues need urgent attention and what items can be put off. When a customer calls and needs a load picked up today and it’s already 1pm that becomes your top priority. Customers asking for quotes for loads shipping the next day can wait.
- Working in an industry that is constantly changing. You have to deal with many issues on a daily basis-this keeps the job interesting and from getting monotonous.
As one of our team member Steve describes, working at Optimal Freight, “You get to be part of a fast-paced and competitive environment which is what I enjoy the most. You are continuously competing against other brokers and carriers, and when you land a customer or get your first shipment, it’s really fulfilling and rewarding. The higher your book of business, the more money you’ll make, and it all depends on how hard you work.”
What we offer:
- Work in a casual and fun environment focused on teamwork and collaboration,
- Receive extensive industry and technology training, directed by the expert who hired and trained many of the leaders in the Chicago area Brokerage community.
- You will receive the personal attention you deserve to arm you with the tools and skills for success.
- Market competitive salary with generous commission program
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) company match
- Casual dress
- Location in Ravenswood – close to Brown Line and Metra
So if you want to use your creativity and problem solving skills, where you’re motivated by a fast-paced selling environment, care deeply about customer service and think you’re a good fit for a small, growing, and service dedicated logistic organization, we would like to hear from you.
Then email your resume with a cover letter in 3 paragraphs or less describing what motivated you to apply for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.